Lacie & I both appreciate your taking time to read A Healthier You. We recommend that you follow this blog in order to receive updates about the latest post. In our last edition of A Healthier You we discussed the topic of Motivation. We even gave you an assignment. If you participate with these post you will help us in making these lessons more interactive. We really do appreciate your questions and comments.
For those of you who are participating in A Seed Planted Holistic Health School we would like to invite you to join us on facebook by clicking on the following link:
In this edition of A Healthier You we will be discussing the topic of Fuel. Just like with an automobile our bodies require the right kind of fuel in order to perform optimally. The sad fact is that most of us care more about the fuel that we put into our car than the fuel we put into our bodies. As we consider the topic of fuel for our bodies that includes food, supplements, oxygen and water. For the remainder of this post we are going to cover these topics.
At A Seed Planted Mobile Herbs Shop we promote a diet consisting primarily of fruits, vegetable, nuts and seeds. We promote what is call the Mucusless Diet. Dr. John R Christopher states:
“We should not put mucus into the body faster than it can be taken and eliminated. With this preventative diet, not only are the sinuses, the bronchi, and the lungs cleared, but also the constipating mucus (catarrh) in the tissues of the body from the head to the bottom of the feet.”
We recommend that you eliminate the following harmful and mucus forming foods from your diet.
- Salt – This may sound difficult however it is very important to eliminate table salt from your diet. Try using Celtic Sea Salt or powdered Kelp.
- Eggs – No eggs should be eaten in any form.
- Sugar and All Sugar Products – Try instead using Honey, Stevia, Agave Nectar, Sorghum Molasses, Blackstrap Molasses.
- Meat – Eliminate all red meat from your diet. A little white fish once a week, or a bit of young chicken that has not been fed commercial food or inoculated with formaldehyde and other anti-spoilage serums, would be all right (as these are the higher forms of edible flesh), but do not use them too often.
- Milk – Eliminate all mucus forming dairy products including butter, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, etc. These substances are very high in cholesterol.
- Flour and Flour Products – When flour is heated and baked at high temperatures, it changes to a mucus-forming substance. This is no longer a food, which means it has no life remaining therein. All wholesome food is organic, where unwholesome food or dead food is inorganic. This is the key to the whole Mucusless Diet program.
Water is actually the number 1 health food. We should drink half of our body weight in ounces of water everyday. This helps our body to remain hydrated and clean. Get yourself into the habit of drinking water whenever it is available. We have all heard about the dangers of tap water. These are very real dangers. Trying to be realistic at A Seed Planted Mobile Herb Shop we recommend when choosing water that you keep the following in mind.
Distilled Water Is The Best!
For convenience sake A Seed Planted Mobile Herb Shop offers…
Waterstix is natural spring water in four ounce containers that fit in a pocket or purse.
• Women love the fact they fit in a small purse.
• Men fit them comfortably in pants, suit coat and sport coat pockets.
• Waterstix fits in a briefcase crowded with papers, files, cell phones and blackberries.
• Waterstix goes in your sweat pants pocket to the gym or out for a jog.
• They go in a crowded car console leaving room for another beverage in the cup holder.
• Carry them with you to swallow pills or supplements when the time is right.
• You can take Waterstix whenever you are away from your car – the kid’s soccer games, walking through the mall or the park, or waiting in line at the grocery store, the post office or the bank.
In addition to food and water we need oxygen to survive. Deep breathing exercises deliver more of this essential fuel to the trillions of cells in our body. We will cover these exercises in future post.
When we discuss the topic of fuel for our bodies it is important to cover nutritional supplements. There are some who teach that we can get all of the nutrition that we need simply from the foods that we eat. I believe that this may have been true many, many years ago however I am sure that you have read the numerous news articles relating to our nations poor soil quality. Well if there are no nutrients in the soil then their are no nutrients in our food. At A Seed Planted Mobile Herb Shop we promote taking high quality nutritional supplements. For a listing of the products that we offer click on the following link.
Thanks for taking your time to read this post. In our next post we will be discussing the importance of exercise.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post the below.
Featured Product: Protein Fix Vanilla
This delicious shake delivers precious nutrients to your body, is very low in carbohydrates (4g) and high in protein (24g). ProteinFix contains a bio-available protein blend with only 130 calories (2 scoops). Take one scoop mixed with water as a snack, before bedtime or anytime you are unusually hungry. It also works great after a workout or when you are on the run and don’t have time to eat. ProteinFix contains a blend of whey protein to feed the muscles quickly and soy protein which is heart healthy and contains antioxidants!
If you are unsure what HealthyFix product are best for you then please complete our Free Online Health Profile by clicking on the link below.
Feel free to contact us by email (email@example.com) or by phone (804-275-0376) between the hours of 11 AM and 7 PM EST.
Please visit our Online Health Shop!
If you are interested in becoming an Herbalist
be sure to check out our Holistic Health School.